Wednesday 28 December 2011

Protect your Skin!

I went skiing up in Whistler over the holidays and boy did my face take a beating! Just a friendly reminder to those who like to take advantage of outdoor activities such as skiing, sailing, surfing, riding, snow shoeing, etc., be sure to use some sort of protective barrier cream and maybe a heavier moisturizer in the winter weather to help combat dry skin season. There’s one product in particular that I’d like to mention, Barrier Repair from Dermalogica. It creates a protective shield for your skin, and it saved my face on the hill this week!  Use in on top of your moisturizer and remember a little goes a long way! Our winter has been pretty mild so far but my skin is still a little bit on the drier side so I switched back to using regenerating cream by ProDerm. It’s a nice, thick, heavy cream that absorbs nicely into the skin (it doesn’t leave you skin feeling slick or greasy…love love love it).  I’ve mentioned this particular moisturizer in older posts if you want to read up on it.  One last thing…don’t forget your SPF!!! Especially with the double reflection on the snow…you can get some serious pigmentation happening on the hill. I’m sure you all have seen goggle tans at some point in your life…not good for your skin!

Happy Holidays!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment