Saturday 3 September 2011

Product Profile: Bio-Oil



Now typically I wouldn’t promote a product that contains mineral oil as one of the main ingredients but I have been using Bio-oil to help treat some scarring and I swear by it. I believe the essential oils and vitamins in this product override any negative effective that the mineral oil may have on the skin. 

It’s commonly used to treat scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, dehydrated skin and aging skin. Since seeing the benefits of this product on my scars, I actually started to use it on my face to help treat some reoccurring breakouts. I used it to help speed the healing process and reduce the potential for the breakout to scar. I saw huge improvements right away J I have a couple of friends who have also used this product to treat fresh scarring as well and it’s worked wonders! When I say fresh scarring I mean while the scars are new and still pink. Use it on your scabs to keep them hydrated and continue to use in on the new, fresh, pink skin once the scab has fallen off. Be sure to protect your skin though, you must be wearing an SPF or keep the injured area covered because the new skin is very vulnerable to UV damage which can lead to pigmentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment